Fisher & Paykel Healthcare’s F&P ICON™ is the company’s latest and most advanced continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine for the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA).
The F&P ICON™ was designed following in-depth patient and clinical feedback. With a dedicated team of experts, including sleep scientists and doctors, engineers and industrial designers, working on its creation for more than three years, the result is the sleep product that doctors have been asking for.
The F&P ICON™ integrates Fisher & Paykel Healthcare’s leading clinical technologies into one compact and stylish unit to deliver a better night’s sleep for patients.
ThermoSmart™ technology is at the forefront of Fisher & Paykel Healthcare’s humidification philosophy and recent clinical evidence shows why:
A recent study found that ThermoSmart™ was the only CPAP device in the study to deliver average absolute humidity greater than 27 mg/L and the only CPAP device to deliver high levels of humidity without causing any condensate.4
As it comes in three different models, the F&P ICON™ is versatile and can provide therapy to a large cross section of OSA patients
The versatile F&P ICON™ Auto can be used as a titration and long term treatment solution for patients, particularly those experiencing:
Another feature of the F&P ICON™ Auto is SensAwake™, a technology with the ability to sense the pattern of irregular breathing which occurs at the transition from sleep to awake, and promptly reduces pressure to aid the transition back to sleep.*5
The F&P ICON™ also includes InfoSmart™ technologies, which provide a range of communication and reporting options to suit the patient management preferences of individual medical practices.
Stylish, compact and designed in neutral colours, the F&P ICON™ discreetly blends into the bedroom environment. It also comes with full digital clock and alarm capabilities, freeing up space on the night-stand.
1. Almasri E & Kline L. The addition of heated wall tubing provides more humidity and comfort than standard heated humidifier CPAP units Sleep 2007; 30: A190.
2. Nilius G et al. Impact of a controlled heated breathing tube humidifier on sleep quality during CPAP therapy in a cool sleeping environment European Respiratory Journal 2008; 31(4): 830-6.
3. Massengill JS & Lewis KL. Effect of humidification on titration pressures in obstructive sleep apnea Sleep 2009; 32: A217.
4. Virag R. Evaluation of the performance of CPAP heated humidifiers for use in sleep apnea therapy: a comparative study of humidification effectiveness Sleep 2008; 31: A382.
5. Ayappa I et al. Irregular respiration as a marker of wakefulness during titration of CPAP Sleep 2009; 32(1): 99-104.
*SensAwake™ is only available in the Auto model of the F&P ICON™.